We’ve listed the frequently asked questions for our Cambria hotel below. If you have an inquiry that isn’t answered here, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Is there ample parking at the Burton Inn and is there a charge?
We have plenty of FREE parking available on-site.
- What is your cancellation policy?
We have a 7 day cancellation policy. If you need to cancel for any reason, please give us a call before the 7 day window.
- What time is check-in?
Check-in starts at 3pm. The office is open until 10pm. If you require an earlier check-in, please get in touch with us by phone or email. If you plan to arrive later than 10pm, please give us a call.
- What time is checkout?
Check-out is at 11am. If you require a later check-out, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate your plans.
- Can you guarantee the room I will stay in?
Our boutique hotel is small with only 12 suites. Occasionally, this requires us to move and coordinate occupancy to accommodate all reservations. In the unusual circumstance where you may be switched to a different room, we will move you and your party to a similar suite or upgrade your room. If you have a special occasion or if there is a reason you require a particular room, please contact us directly and we will be happy to do our very best to ensure you remain in the room requested.
- Do you provide wireless Internet at the Burton Inn?
Yes, we have wireless Internet available to all guests at the hotel.
- Do you allow pets at your Cambria hotel?
We are dog lovers ourselves, but unfortunately we do not allow pets in the rooms at our Cambria hotel. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- What are the front desk hours?
The front desk is open from 8am to 10pm. If you will arrive after 10pm or if you anticipate a later check-in, please call us and we will make the necessary arrangements.
- What time does the wine social hour start and how long does it last?
The wine social starts at 5pm each evening in our wood-paneled library. How long it lasts really depends on how much fun guests are having. We’ve gone all the way to 10pm with a really social crowd, but sometimes it wraps up early at around 7pm.
- Do you have an elevator for the upstairs rooms?
We do not have an elevator at the inn. If you have trouble ascending stairs, please call us to confirm you have reserved a room located downstairs.
- Are you located on the beach?
We are about 2 miles from Moonstone Beach. Our Cambria hotel is located in the heart of the East Village within walking distance to all the shops and restaurants.
- How many suites are there at the Burton Inn?
There are only 12 suites, but they are all incredibly spacious. Most suites are 600 square feet with a separate living room and bedroom.
- Do your rooms have private bathrooms?
Yes, all the rooms have private bathrooms.
- Do your rooms have kitchenettes?
Yes, all rooms are equipped with microwave, toaster, coffee maker, and mini-fridge.
- Do you allow groups at the Burton Inn?
We love to host groups at the Burton Inn. If you would like to book a group getaway, please get in touch with us directly. We often like to work with you to create a very special event with breakfast and the wine and cheese hour catered to your tastes.
- How far is your Cambria hotel from Los Angeles/Santa Barbara/Big Sur/Carmel/Monterey/San Francisco?
- 4 hours North of Los Angeles (Hwy 101 to Hwy 1).
- 2 hours North of Santa Barbara (Hwy 101 to Hwy 1).
- We are the gateway to Big Sur. It takes about an hour and a half to get Pfeiffer Park in Big Sur (Hwy 1).
- We are 2 hours south of Carmel and Monterey (Hwy 1).
- We are 4 hours south of San Francisco (Hwy 46 to Hwy 101) or 4.5 hours south of San Francisco (Hwy 1 to Hwy 156 to Hwy 101).
- Is your Cambria hotel close to the Paso Robles wine country?
Yes, we are very close to the Paso Robles wine country and the ideal starting point. We have multiple bus tours that will take you to the vineyards and tasting rooms, so you don’t need to worry about driving. They’ll pick you up from our Cambria hotel. It takes about 20 minutes to 1 hour to get to the vineyards, depending on which you’d like to visit.
- Are you able to arrange Hearst Castle tours?
Yes, we are happy to arrange your tour at Hearst Castle. We would just need your preferred date and time and also a back-up date and time. Unless requested otherwise, we use the same credit card that you used to make your Cambria hotel reservation.
- Do you recommend making dining reservations beforehand?
If you plan to visit Cambria during a busy weekend, we recommend that you make reservations beforehand. Especially if you plan to go to one of the more popular restaurants in town. We can definitely make the reservation for you. We just need to know what name to put the reservation under, the number in your party, the restaurant, and the preferred time for your reservation.
- Do you offer any packages?
Yes. If you are celebrating a romantic occasion, we have a romance package. We can place roses, chocolates, and rose petals in your room. There is an extra charge for the romance package.